Friday 29 July 2011

an experience in the river MAHANADI


We had a program to go for a picnic in the river Mahanadi, which is the largest and longest river of Orissa. We were 16 frnds I think, thik se yaad nai aa raha hai. so we all  decided to go to the middle of river for the picnic. Actually only at the rainy season the river is full or else its empty at most places and only rocks are there at the river. This was winter and water level was  a bit low.

I told my parents about this, then the got frightened, I told them not to worry nothing will happen to me. Will come back soon, then I n my brother went to the college ghat. That was the place form where we were about to go to the picnic spot hatipathar. everything was fine we were very excited.

And then the boats came, there was two boats one was big and other was small. I decide to go last. So I, guddu n one more frnd stayed wid us. I had seen that water was there at the middle and we had to cross that flow of water. Was a bit scared. We only were looking at our friends passing through river to that spot.
Then a boat come back to take us. We were excited. 

And wen I see that boat I was like what !!!!!! hum log isse jayenge ???. that was small one. So jaise taise  we get into the boat it was just 3 feet wide. And we were four fitted in the boat. We were instructed to sit in a way so dat the boat will balance in water. So I sat in the middle. To my back guddu was there n to my front that frnd. And we were told that not to be worry for anything happens in the river. Aur hamein hilne dulne ko bhi mana kiya hua tha. And sabse majedar baat to suno yaar. Wen I enter the boat I saw water der. I was like now m going to die for sure.

I asked the frnd who was to take us to that spot what is this ? to usne kaha “are kuch nai hai yaar, pani aate rehta hai andar”. He almost gave me a heart attack der. Baithe baithe.  I was never been to a boat earlier, mujhe kahan se pata hota ki pani andar bhi aa sakta hai. Mujhe laga boat hai. Aaram se jayenge and aaram se wapis aayenge.

There I thaught ki wow mera upar jane ka ticket bhi kat gaya aur mujha pata bhi nai chala. I was like this is it will now surely die here in the river.  Maine chilla ke kaha “maa main ja raha hun, bhagwan main aa raha hun”. Ha ha ha seems funny na. at that time I was actually very much frighten. So we all were well sitted in the boat and the journey begins. Hamein hilne ke liya mana kiya gaya tha. And jaise hi journey start pani andar aana start, I shouted arreee ye kya pani nandar aa raha hai yaar, so usne bola ki don’t worry yaar wahan pe mug pada hua hai pani ko bahar nikalo. I was like wah dekh lo yaar ab hum maut se ladenge zindagi ke liye.but that was fun haan, water level was low. First few minutes were good. Sab normal tha. And then when we enter to the main stream of the river that frnd asked not to talk also and sit quietly. I was like oh !! my !!  god !!!. hamara friend wo boat chala raha tha only with tha help of a strong piece of wood. Aur usne kaha ki “yahan pe ab ye kaam nai karega”.  Meri jaan nikal rahi thi.Then usne ek chappu nikala aur chalana start kiya.

Maine apne ek dost se pucha jo mere samne baitha tha “tumhe swimming ati hai kya ?”.

“no” was his answer.

Maine socha ki matlab mujhe bachane walon mein se ek ka patta saaf. Ab bache teen. Guddu ko thoda thoda aata tha. Then jaise hi we were crossing that stream ek position aaya jahan pe the boat was a bit bend towards the right, and some water came inside aur mera pant bhig gaya. And that time the frnd infront of me shouted” are thik se chalao mar jaunga main”. Aur wo thoda sa hila, to boat ka balance bhi bigad gaya and more water came inside, and one more thing bata dun ki jab we were on that stream water level was same of our both.

 Boat ka kinara n water were at the same level, I can see the water clearly, it was ready to drown me into it. i can see my face into it. was very scared. Wo ladka to jitna bolne se bhi hil raha tha we tried to clam him down, but it was like very difficult situation. Mujhe to maut najar aa rahi thi us pani mein. Maine use kaha ki kuch nai hoga yaar hamein, hum pahunch jayenge, but still he was not listening to us, jab pani andar aata tha wo dar jata tha ki ab kya hoga yaar,hum log mar jayenge. Aur wo jab aise bolta tha to mujhe yamraj saamne najar ate the bolte hue ki aa jao meri baahon mein. Was very frighten at that time.
But thnx to our friend jisne hamein sahi salamat pahuncha diya, I thank god. And then we had enjoy the party.

  THE JOURNEY WAS ACHHA THA BAHUT KUCH SIKHA ISSE. AUR ACHHA BHI LAGA, AUR LAGEGA BHI KYUN NAHI MAUT KE MUNH SE JO BACH KE AAYE THE HUM.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha lol....u really made me laugh..love u my maddy...<3

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Rourkela, Odisha, India
I m a part time blogger. i used to write about myself. but from now on i thought to make it more interesting by writing product reviews. i like to travel and as i am from Odisha i have almost visited every district of it. and had visited the site seeing places. i had traveled from Udala, Mayurbhanj to Sonepur, Subarnapur which is almost more than 400kms.

Twistrix

Autowebsurf

247AutoHits

10KHits

Free website traffic to your site!

yibbida

1:1 Traffic ExchangeYibbida operates a 1:1 traffic exchange system that is consistently generating web site traffic.